The Firm has deep experience handling partnership and shareholder disputes, representing both majority and minority stakeholders as plaintiffs or defendants in matters involving a variety of industries and claims. The Firm’s engagements range from counseling interest holders on their rights, duties, and potential claims, to implementing litigation and business strategies to resolve disputes. These matters often involve emergency injunctive relief, and the Firm has had success in both prevailing on and defeating motions for temporary restraining orders and preliminary injunctions.
- Defeated minority partner’s motion for TRO and preliminary injunction, permitting sale of $5 million commercial property in Chicago.
- Obtained favorable declaratory judgment for majority stakeholders interpreting the operating agreement for a real estate investment LLC permitting sale of the company’s assets and forcing a favorable resolution of the dispute.
- In a 50-50 shareholder dispute, defeated hostile takeover attempt by co-owner of a large staffing entity, ultimately buying out the adverse party and taking over the company.
- Prior to litigation, negotiated a favorable buy-out of a minority partner frozen out of an on-line marketing company.
- Brokered takeover of partnership by minority partner in LED lighting business.
- Obtained dismissal of corporate waste and mismanagement claims against shareholders and officers of a closely held family business.
- Enforced settlement agreement and buyout of minority partner in photography/videography business.
- Advised minority shareholder in health care company regarding exit strategy, including applicable non-compete and restrictive covenants and cross-purchase agreement.