The Cotsirilos Firm conducts internal investigations on behalf of corporations in a variety of industries – from healthcare to labor unions and municipalities. In addition to internal investigation of potential wrongdoing, the firm has worked with corporate boards to institutionalize reforms designed to prevent the occurrence or recurrence of management malfeasance, accounting fraud, and other wrongdoing by employees. The Firm is often employed by companies involved in significant commercial disputes, or criminal or regulatory investigations to represent the companies’ employees. In such matters, we work hand-in-glove with in-house counsel and/or the firm representing the company to ensure that the employees’ interests are well represented.
The firm’s attorneys, who have years of experience at senior positions in state and federal government and in private practice, have safely guided clients through the maze of state and federal investigations.
Representative matters include:
- Investigation of a non-profit client’s use of state grant funds for compliance with grant terms and state and federal law;
- Preparation of a an internal investigative report for a labor union in response to a U.S. Department of Labor inquiry regarding use of funds
- Internal investigation of a municipal police department;
- Analysis and investigative report on a major Chicago law firm’s ethical obligations under the Rules of Professional Conduct in light of allegations of attorney misconduct;
- Preparation of corporate ethics and compliance programs for corporations seeking to prevent management and employee fraud, including contract fraud, price fixing, anti-trust violations, and accounting fraud;
- Internal corporate investigations for corporations and/or their audit committees to review and report on allegations of fraud and other misconduct.