The Firm frequently represents corporate employees and executives of companies involved in global antitrust investigations conducted by the DOJ, the Federal Trade Commission, or other governmental entities.
- Represented global freight forwarding company’s executive officer alleged to be involved in international price-fixing and antitrust violations;
- Represented members of professional association charged with price-fixing in connection with professional fees;
- Represented both individuals and multi-national company in customs fraud cases;
The Firm represents individuals and businesses in tax investigations and prosecutions involving the IRS, DOJ, the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Illinois State Department of Revenue.
- Defended attorney in federal tax fraud prosecution for abusive tax shelters.
- Successfully obtained immunity for former business partner of high-profile attorney and marketer of abusive tax shelters;
- Represented retired public official in investigation of tax fraud or willful failure to file.
- Represented tax preparer in prosecution for filing false returns.