The Firm’s experience and reputation have led to its involvement in nearly every high profile public corruption investigation and trial in Chicago over the last half century. The Firm has represented witnesses, targets, and defendants in all facets of criminal investigations and trials related to public corruption, including but not limited to matters brought by the DOJ, United States Attorneys Offices for the Northern District of Illinois, Central District of Illinois, and the Northern District of Indiana, the Office of the Executive Inspector General for the State of Illinois; and the City of Chicago’s Inspector General.
- Successfully obtained voluntary dismissal of indictment against a developer in trial for bribery of city inspectors in connection with building and zoning permits;
- Represented former County Treasurer charged with misappropriation of public funds;
- Represented high-profile individuals charged in public corruption cases including state and local contract fraud, bribery, extortion, hiring fraud, minority and women-owned business fraud, and ghost payrolling;
- Represented lobbyists, public officials, and companies employing lobbyists in cases alleging bribery and fraud;
- Represented city contractors in investigations conducted by City of Chicago’s Inspector General;
- Successfully represented grant recipients in connection with Illinois Office of the Executive Inspector General investigation into misuse of grant funds.