The Firm represents clients in state and federal courts in Illinois and around the country in civil matters, including fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, breach of contract, civil RICO, and product liability defense, among others.
Representative cases include:
- Defended a former high-ranking employee of a high frequency trading firm against breach of non-compete, misappropriation of trade secrets, and breach of fiduciary duty claims alleging hundreds of millions of dollars in damages;
- Successfully obtained dismissal of a former employer's trade secrets misappropriation and breach of fiduciary duty claims against a high-ranking perfumer in the fragrances and flavors industry;
- Defended major insurance brokerage against claims of corporate raiding, solicitation of breach of covenants not to compete, and related employee breaches of fiduciary duty;
- As plaintiff, successfully recovered sizeable commission for business brokerage on oral contract related to sale of oil distributorship;
- Represented former CFO of multi-national company in series of class action securities and accounting fraud cases involving $1.3 billion restatement which were tried in the Federal District Court in South Carolina;
- Successfully defended and resolved fraud and breach of fiduciary duty claims brought against a doctor and board member of a community hospital;
- Represented large corporate home builder and land owners in real estate contract dispute involving housing development;
- Represented corporate principals, employees and corporations alleged to have violated environmental laws and regulations and/or to be potentially responsible parties (“PRPs”) in environmental cases;
- Negotiated settlement of successor liability claims for asbestos related injuries on behalf of jet engine manufacturer;
- Represented developer in $6 million real estate breach of contract action.